View Single Post
Old 03-30-05, 03:37 PM   #7
DrCR

Default Re: What "relaxed timings" BIOS do you think this guy used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmor
5900u speeds should be easy to achieve, but 5950u and up depends on how good your particular Leadtek card really is.

But remember I also pointed you to a Guru3d thread on moded 59xx bioses. And if you had checked it out, you would have found a moded Leadtek A350XT BIOS linked at the first posting with stocks of 300/450/850. A BIOS which is probably not a bad place to start from.
I did check out that thread and did notice that bios.

What I asked was if this particular card would take a 5900/5950 (clarification: a non-XT) BIOS, as your "Basic FX59xx Bios Changes" post, if I'm not mistaken, talks of difficulty getting 5900XT cards not based on the 5900 PCB to accept a 5900 (or 5950) BIOS. Obviously the OCing potential of the XT board at hand is an issue, but I got the impression that most of the XT cards are inherently different (i.e. based on a "XT" rather than "non-XT" PCB).

Did I get that right? Anyway, apparently this card card can accept non-XT BIOSes (again, assuming the XT card will clock high enough) as per this mod:

Quote:
leadtek A350THD BIOS-SET (450/930) & (500/930) - Relaxing Latency, THROTTLING SET, VOLT-MOD
^-- LEADTEK BIOS is !!!ONLY!!! for good 5900XTs
Thanks for your insight and sharing your knowledge.

DrCR