View Single Post
Old 04-04-05, 01:26 PM   #12
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Re: DOOM 3: ROE Expansion Pack Feedback Thread

Just beat it a few minutes ago. It was decent, it had some pretty fun parts and while there wasn't much new stuff (aside from levels), what was added was pretty well executed. It IS pretty short though, a dozen levels and 4 bosses sounds like more of a large user-made mod project than a $40 expansion. Bosses were fairly easy to figure out how to defeat, but at least they required a bit of strategy rather than the basic "hold down trigger until one of you dies" tactic. The last boss was quite nice, although a little easy and didn't last as long as I wished it would've. Also the "ending" is a major disapointment, it's basically a 20 clip showing the boss dying and then credits. Overall it was pretty much more of the same, but it was still quite enjoyable.

I'm thinking about trying some CTF later tonight, but if the netcode is anything like regular Doom 3's then I'm afraid to even see what 8-player servers would be like. Than again, the expansion did install the 1.2 patch, so presumably that improved the netcode at least a little...right?
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote