View Single Post
Old 04-07-05, 02:56 AM   #16
Elderblaze

Default Re: Everquest 2 high end system verses WoW high end system..

blah chris.. I have been building computers for years. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my system. Im do find it insulting though that it dosent run EQ2 as well as I think it should. It's like slap in the face. It's made me very bitter towards EQ2. I spent days trying to tweak it when I first got it, but at the time and for a long time until very recently i've heard, there was the whole Stuttering issue, which is supposedly resolved in 76.41 I'll never know because there's not a snow balls chance in hell im re-signing. Im having way to much fun in EQ1 right now. So yeah, I do have a grudge against EQ2. I don't make alot of money and it's valuable to me, that's 50 bucks I wasted, for one. I feel cheated that it was advertised as "The way it's meant to be played" and there are qoutes and articles saying how great it would be on Nvidia hardware.

And chris, the game is definatly NOT optimized. This can easily be seen by comparing the performance of a Radeon 9800 Vrs a Geforce 6800 Ultra. The ultra should be about 100% faster. In reality it's lucky to be 30% faster. This does not add up.

Regards,
Mike
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote