View Single Post
Old 04-16-05, 07:30 AM   #107
AlxMAX

Default Re: nVidia Linux Driver support for mobile video cards (Geforce* Go)...

Commands like modprobe nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=1 or putting a setting in /etc/modprobe.conf like option nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=1 and IgnoreEDID in /etc/X11/xorg.conf were already done. When starting up the X server on my laptop, they either lead to a computer lock or the results were some kinds of esoteric animations, but nothing like a decent desktop, a decent mouse arrow ... !

Putting Option "NvAgp" "1" or Option "NvAgp" "2" or Option "NvAgp" "3" didn't helped either, since the problem is not AGP related. As you may read in this post, attaching an external monitor and using TwinView seems to solve a part of the problem. Furthermore, the with the 6111 drivers I am able to start the X server, but each time I switch to text console (with Ctrl + Alt + 1 or when shutting down the X server) the computer locks. louxy.louck has managed to make his computer work but he downgraded the BIOS setup to A02 (I am afraid to do this since my computer came with A05).