View Single Post
Old 04-17-05, 07:45 PM   #15
virtualman

Default Re: DFP and TV: I want DFP to be the primary display!

My Twinview problem seems to be along the same lines as other posters here. I've got a 6600GT dual-DVI PCI-E card with a 1600x1200 LCD and a CRT (also to be driven at 1600x1200). I've played with all sorts of XF86Config nvidia options, but so far it's been very stubborn. My current options:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Nvidia closed"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo" "true"
Option "TwinView" "true"
Option "MetaModes" "DFP: 1600x1200+0+0, CRT: 1600x1200+1600+0"
Option "HorizSync" "DFP: 31-80; CRT: 30-121"
Option "VertRefresh" "DFP: 60; CRT: 56-185"
EndSection

The same effect results with:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Nvidia closed"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo" "true"
Option "TwinView" "true"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "DFP LeftOf CRT"
Option "MetaModes" "DFP: 1600x1200, CRT: 1600x1200"
Option "HorizSync" "DFP: 31-80; CRT: 30-121"
Option "VertRefresh" "DFP: 60; CRT: 56-185"
EndSection

(i.e. using the "LeftOf" keyword in TwinViewOrientation instead of the absolute coordinates in MetaModes.)

My objective is for the (new and sharp-looking) LCD to be the primary display, and the older CRT to be the secondary display (on the right, as it happens). I had no problems accomplishing this with the fglrx driver on a Radeon 9800 Pro.

The left/right positions come out OK with either of the above configs, but the nvidia driver stubbornly insists on putting XVideo output on the CRT. I can play with the config file all I want. I can even swap the two video cables around on the back of the video card. The driver insists no matter what I do that the CRT (wherever it is plugged in) should get the XVideo output. So far I haven't found any knobs that affect this.

Anyone know of the magic required to resolve this?

Thanks,
Dan
virtualman is offline   Reply With Quote