View Single Post
Old 05-02-05, 11:17 AM   #409
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: ***Official Dell 2405W & 2005FPW Deals, Feedback Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker718
hey an update to this problem, i connected the USB mouse to the Bottom USB ports (the ones on the side are the ones that do not work when playing a dvd)on the monitor and it works fine during dvd play. i'm beginning to think that in regards to this issue its either a driver conflict or that the side USB ports are turned off during play. weird.

EDIT: um what I posted was partly right. seems it depends on the DVD... I know this is nuts. watching lord of the rings, no problem, watching my Richard Pryor Show DVD the mouse stops working again... im going nuts trying to figure it out....
Hmmm... now it sounds like a definite software issue. I tried to recreate the problem with my 2005FPW but could not. Do you have another PC that you could connect the 2005FPW too? See if you still have the problem on the other PC. If you don't then something you have installed on your main rig is the cause. If you still do then you might want to RMA the LCD back to Dell. Let us know how you make out with that issue.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote