View Single Post
Old 01-14-03, 04:07 PM   #19
junkieclown
Helium Abuser

Location: Summers in Rangoon, but mostly in my evil underground lair and Volcano laboratory. though

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom1976
My ASUS board uses the Award BIOS.
Browsing through the menu, I only found one field related to USB, the "USB Legacy Support" field. By default it was enabled, so I set it to disable.

During boot, when it got to "detecting new hardware", I was taken to a drop USB screen. I selected drop, and the boot continued. Here is my /proc/interrupt now:

CPU0
0: 545770 XT-PIC timer
1: 2418 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
5: 69338 XT-PIC usb-uhci, serial
8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
10: 0 XT-PIC ehci-hcd, cmpci
11: 87521 XT-PIC usb-uhci, nvidia
12: 62140 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
14: 10862 XT-PIC ide0
15: 19877 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

yes, a couple usb's are gone, but that one still sharing on 11 is still there......

Ideas?
Do you have peripherals that absolutely need USB2 ?
Your usb2 controller (ehci) is still in the mix. I got the Nvidia to its own interrupt not by turning off usb this or that in the BIOS, but by disabling the USB2 hardware. There's a jumper on the bottom edge of the motherboard that you change (page 24 of my asus a7v333 manual).
Changing that jumper and enabling "reset configuration data" (under the "boot" screen of the bIOS setup utility) caused all the PCI hardware to be re-recognized and with USB2 disabled at the electrical level, that left Nvida all alone on irq11.
You still have USB 1 type support and you can leave it enabled it in the BIOS.

However, I am not at all sure that this even matters. The Nvidia drivers just do not support our hardware and we're SOL until they do.

Last edited by junkieclown; 01-14-03 at 04:24 PM.
junkieclown is offline   Reply With Quote