View Single Post
Old 01-14-03, 06:43 PM   #23
bwkaz

Sorry, should have added stuff like that.

I use agpgart, and (at least on this box) kernel 2.4.18 and .19. I've used the drivers all the way back to 2.4.4 or so, though, just not with the KT333 chipset (obviously -- it's newer than that).

No messing with drive strength. It's set to I believe E9 (possibly set to auto-try-to-detect and E9 is the current setting), but don't quote me on that. I have no idea what drive strength even changes, but I do remember someone saying that setting either nibble to F causes problems... in any case, I don't know what it does, so I don't know for sure what it's set at.

Anything unusual? No, just compiled from tarballs, exactly like every nVidia driver I've used since way back around 0.9-769 or so. I did set fast writes and SBA to enabled in os-registry.c (but only because I didn't want to pass the option on every autoprobe).

Kernel, again, currently 2.4.19 plus -preempt (I applied -preempt myself, but it worked with vanilla 2.4.19 also). I should try 2.4.20 one day, but won't soon.

It has MTRR support, agpgart a module, rtc a module (both loaded); if you want, I can post/attach the full .config file.

/proc/cmdline shows:

BOOT_IMAGE=LFS-gcc3 ro root=305 hdc=ide-scsi

Using lilo.

And my /proc/interrupts looks like:

Code:
           CPU0       
  0:   17447979          XT-PIC  timer
  1:     170380          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:     959909          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
 11:    6987900          XT-PIC  nvidia
 12:    1133045          XT-PIC  YMF724F
 14:     418556          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:      11510          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0 
ERR:          0
so nvidia isn't sharing anything with anybody.

Oh yeah, now that I think about it, this might be relevant -- I'm still using 3123. I tried 4191 a couple days after release, and got the same error that I had been getting with 2960, "__divdi3 not found in libc6.so with link time reference" messages when I try to load the libglx.so X module (it's a problem with gcc3-compiled glibc/libstdc++/something like that). It took a driver upgrade last time to fix it, and I'm waiting for word from nVidia on when it'll get fixed again -- probably in the next release.

If there's anything else you want to know, ask away, of course.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote