View Single Post
Old 05-08-05, 04:46 PM   #32
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Default Re: First real image of xbox360, new controller and remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgamer
It still uses dual core cpu's, a hard drive, an ati video card and memory for texturing, seems like a pc to me.

It's funny, console fan's bash pc's, yet consoles slowly become pc's. Not just the hardware, but look, downloadable skins, content, patches, xbox live, online gaming, and it's just hilarious to walk into a store and hear how psyched some of the people are, OMG!! downloadable skins....Its like duuuude, pc gamers have been doing this stuff for years and years I mean don;t get me wrong, I like a good console every now and then, even though my ps2 is currently collecting it's 5th layer of dust, so yeah, i'm somehwhat biased toward pc gaming-but sh*t, why not? Look at the things you can do and have been able to do on a pc vs. what their finally getting around to doing on a console.

The difference between the two seems simple. Console fan's are like monkey's, they do the little they've been taught and go ape **** insane when introduced to something different and new. They need things to be simple or you lose their attention. Pc gamers are like mechanics, they like to tinker inside " the box " and upgrade it or just put things to their liking inside. We like to have more control over what we use to play a game. And in my travels, i've found pc gamers to be snobby and some what rude, while I've found console gamers easier to chat with, but very lost once "pc" comes up in a coversation. Not here, i'm talking in real life, if u just start to bull**** with a guy @ best buy or compusa. You guys here are alright.

All in all, to me, xbox 360 looks like a pc with a controller instead of a mouse, but that's me.
Gaming is gaming. The only real damn difference is that your use a controller with one and K/M with the other. We can get into graphics, how much fun and money it is to build a PC, how for behind consoles are in technology but why? A true gamer can appreciate both without nit picking either one. To be a true fan of consoles I think you have to have played systems like SNES, Genesis and not just a PS2 because you wont no why some just love consoles because of pure gameplay and not techno, mumbo, jumbo which although I love, I hate how its all thats really being focused on of late. Yes there getting closer to being like a PC but its just concept evolving.

Consoles have come along way and so has PC's but one is faltering by just relying on FPS while forgetting every other genre and thus making the advancements in techology meaningless. Consoles this time around has caught "IMO" and you know what?, they just dont rely on one genre but MANY. So that "vs" thing you bring up I think will be mute with this generation especially if some of those rumors about the X360 are true. Every thing a "high-end" pc has and more at $399 with all the many games a console has. Winner?

PC gaming even though its takes the majority of my time and money I really think has gone to waste. It is not progressing and its not like it has time to make a about face. I cant tell you how pissed I am I cant find a game that comes close to Grim fandango some 7 years after its release. The genre is basiclly dead.

Damn you for making me rant.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote