View Single Post
Old 05-10-05, 04:44 PM   #49
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Default Re: First real image of xbox360, new controller and remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsk00l
there are no dual core cpu's in it, just dual cpu's

They are powerpc based, simplistically, G5's. The architecture is miles away from being a PC. The only PC-like component is the video. Else, it's vastly different.
As I understand it, it's a Tri-Core PowerPC CPU. While you're right that the CPU itself is miles from being an x86, it's my understanding that there is only one of them in the XBOX2, and it's got 3 cores. To be fair though, that's just what every Rumour I've seen has said, rather than being the absolute final truth. Also, to be fair, the topology of the system (i.e. - VPU, CPU, Cache, Memory) is still similar to that of a PC - it's not like we're looking at the PS3 with it's 4 dynamically balancing Cells here.
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote