View Single Post
Old 01-15-03, 07:11 AM   #3
bwkaz

Default Re: 3123 to 4191 Upgrade Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Pink
After inspecting the XFree86 log file it seems that it does not load the glx extension and it has problem with my Speedo fonts initialisation.???
What are the messages in the log file regarding this? Something about __divdi3? I see you're using Linux from Scratch; I'm having that problem with 4191 on LFS 3.3, when I used gcc 3.2 to compile everything (which I believe is the default in LFS 4 now). nVidia knows about it, but I haven't heard anything back in a while.

The problem also happened with 2960, and I was told it would be fixed with 3123. It was, obviously, but then 4191 broke again... anyway, if that's the message you're getting (something about __divdi3), then you won't be able to use 4191.

The speedo fonts thing ... I'm not sure. In the "Module" section, do you have a Load "Speedo" line?

Does "any graphical text editor" include gvim? I would think it does... that works fine here, but it's really the only editor I use, so I don't know about others. WineX (CVS) works fine as well, but Wine is so freaking complicated that it's not always a good test of anything -- unless it works. Do tuxracer or similar programs work?

What does /proc/interrupts say?
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote