View Single Post
Old 05-11-05, 07:41 PM   #110
Slybri

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

I don't know why people keep comparing this game to WoW or EQ2. It's not an MMO at all! It's 3d Diablo without a singleplayer campaign. A Co-op RPG.

I guess they figured they could sell it as an "MMO without monthly fees" but that's stretching it a bit. In fact, I'd say it's a lie.

An MMO feels like you're living in an active, changing world. It a place that you go, not just a game that you play. A world where players are running everywhere and doing unpredictable things (like training Stitches to Goldshire, or blowing up the Auction house with a pet bomb.) Sure there's no camping mobs or kill stealing or ninja looting in Guild Wars. Those things only happen in MMOs. Guild wars is a co-op RPG with chatroom lobbies scattered around the map and a seperate multiplayer game. That's the difference, and that's why the no monthly fees.

I'm not saying it's a bad game. (the graphics are gorgeous! Like the man said..It's like walking around in a painting) Just that it's not an MMO.

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote