View Single Post
Old 05-13-05, 03:19 PM   #2
ricercar
fugue master

Arrow Re: Geforce FX + Nforce2 mobo problems

Sounds like the LCD is displaying at lower than its native resolution. Sounds like a LCD monitor/monitor driver problem, NOT a graphics card/graphics driver problem.

Unlike CRT displays, LCDs have a native resolution where things look good, but below which things look chunky. For example, a LCD display with a native resolution of 1024x768, looks chunky if the video card is driving at 800x600. For example, a 1600x1200 native res LCD looks chunky when the card is driving 1024x768.

Does the Displays control panel allow you to increase the resolution? Are you using an analog VGA connector or a digital DVI connector from your card to the flat panel display? If you have problems with limited resolutions within the driver, you may need to change cabling.

PS
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a "GeForce4 FX." There is a GeForce4 MX and a GeForce FX. Add the model number to help us troubleshoot (Start > Control Panels > Displays > Advanced > [Model number]).