View Single Post
Old 06-01-05, 06:24 AM   #24
signal3
Live Free or Diiiiiieeee.

Default Re: 1.0-7174 for FreeBSD i386 released

Okay, I woke up this morning and figured I'd hack at my xorg.cfg a little to see if I could resolve my problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal3
Unfortunately, by not using twinview I seem to have lost the ability to run accelerated 3d apps on the DFP display (which used to work w/ twinview).
I determined that for some reason, the 7174 driver w/ my new gf6600 vidcard does not like the "ConnectedMonitor" option. I used to have this set to "CRT,DFP" and it worked great w/ an fx5700le and an old fx5200. Why the gf6600 doesn't like it is beyond me.

I commented out the option and X fired up w/o a problem in twinview mode! Yippy! Now both DFP and CRT can display accelerated opengl apps.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a reason to use the "ConnectedMonitor" option at all. Unless it overrides what the driver automagically determines, I don't see a reason to have it... right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal3
I also tried the new X 'composite' extension out for the translucency & shadow effects and omg... it was broken WAY worse than my old FX5700le card.
After I managed to get the driver to use TwinView for dual-display purposes, I thought I'd try out window transluceny and shadowing again (i.e. X composite extension). I must say, this functions much better now. Still a bit buggy, but more like 'how it was' with my FX5700le.

Upgrade complete!
signal3 is offline   Reply With Quote