View Single Post
Old 06-03-05, 06:09 PM   #3
Lanthanide

Default Re: TNT2 M64 Pro drivers

Thanks for the driver location, I'll grab that after work.

I bought this card off trademe (NZ equivalent to ebay) for $10 to put into a P3 Celeron 600; putting much else faster into it would have been a bit of an overkill, especially since there are no plans to play any of the latest games on this machine anyway, we're giving it away to some less-fortunate friends of ours who have 11-year old twins, so new violent games aren't really appropriate at this stage. I did want to try and get a Geforce2 or 3 or whatever off trademe, but they were all above the price-range I was willing to pay (all went for $25+).

We're also giving them a P3 933, in which we've put a brand new Radeon 9250, so if they ever did want to play the latest games, they'd be able to do so on that one.

Right now I've tried out Re-Volt (1999) and Freedom Force (2000) on the Celeron, and I've gotten settings that make Re-Volt play fairly smoothly, but FF isn't being so co-operative, so an overclock here would help to smooth things out a bit.

So, do you know of any applications I can use to overclock this thing?

**** Update ****

I discovered the performance of this card really was not what I was expecting, it was clocked at a measly 100/110 core/mem. After overclocking it to the maximum allowed by PowerStrip it was still slow and crappy, so I swapped it out for a Geforce2 that was in a linux server that has no need for 3d graphics capabilities, and that works a lot better.

For anyone else who might come across this thread, the TNT2 30.82 drivers can be found here ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/30.82/ and the program you can use to overclock is called PowerStrip, just google it.

Last edited by Lanthanide; 06-05-05 at 02:34 AM.
Lanthanide is offline   Reply With Quote