View Single Post
Old 01-22-03, 03:26 PM   #1
madhattr

Send a message via AIM to madhattr
Default Driver src compile error; RH 7.2 2 Processor

Hi there, I just upgraded my Redhat 7.2 to Dual processor, upgraded my kernel to 2.4.19-ac4, everything with working great, I rpm --rebuild the NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.i386.rpm it works. The problem I have is when I try to rpm -Uv NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.i386.rpm it gives me these errors
rmmod: module NVdriver is not loaded
rmmod: module nvidia is not loaded
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o
/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol __global_cli
/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol tqueue_lock
/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol __global_save_flags
/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol __global_restore_flags
/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol smp_num_cpus
/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
and it has unresolved symbols. Contact the module supplier for
assistance, only they can help you.

/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.19-ac4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: insmod nvidia failed

Failed to install nvidia.o

error: execution of %post scriptlet from NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191 failed, exit status 1

If you could help at all it would be great. It worked before I upgraded to Dual Processor, with the same kernel.
Thanks,
Chris
madhattr is offline   Reply With Quote