Todd Kulick

Default Re: Reduced Blanking on DVI-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynold
Hi!
Heyas!

Quote:
I tried using the open "nv" driver. The good thing is that with this driver I get more detail about the panel's expected timing. 1920 1968 2000 2080 1200 1203 1209 1235, as SaTaN0rX suggested, is indeed correct. However, even with EDID turned off I get an error message with the "nv" driver

(II) NV(0): Mode "1920x1200" is larger than BIOS programmed panel size of 1280 x 1024. Removing.

I assume that the BIOS referred to is the graphic card's, and I have no clue where it got its notion about the panel size from.
Oy! I don't know about that one. For me, the custom mode gets eliminated by a line like the following, but only if the dot clock is >150Mhz.

(II) NVIDIA(0): Not using mode "1920x1200" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)

If the dot clock is less than 150Mhz then Xorg and the driver seem willing to try it, but my monitor won't sync to it. My monitor *really* wants that timing that both you and I quoted above.

Did you try any of the other timings that I included? Maybe keep trying the lower dot clock ones until the Xorg log shows that the card is indeed trying the timing that you requested. Then once you have the card driving it, you can validate whether or not your monitor is as persnickety as mine.

I'm somewhat skeptical that this will work for you though, given the error that you are getting. Maybe the source code would elucidate things some. Maybe I'll try to dig through the Xorg stuff when I get home tonight...*hrrrrm*...

Quote:
Hell, I'm getting a Ph.D. today but I can't get a fregging graphics card to work... sad world.
Congrats and oh boy. It is sad isn't it? I used to do this graphics thing for a living and I can't get it to work either.
kulick is offline   Reply With Quote