View Single Post
Old 07-06-05, 07:15 PM   #14
ChrisRay

Default Re: Well back to EQ 2 for now.

Well splitpaw Saga right now is more than enough to keep me interested in the game right now. The other content hasnt massively changed but it just gives me another place I can go for experience. Since it has a "Dungeon Crawl" experience it can be alot of fun. So far I have found 3 instances that are doable solo. And of course the arena.

Overall I am enjoying myself right now. I always forget how much more deep combat is in EQ 2 compared to WoW. So its definately a much more fun game to group in. But thats from a healer perspective. Being a healer in WoW isnt very fun at all. ((Priest/Druid here! :P)) Other than that I'm gonna give EQ 2 another chance and splitpaw saga will at least keep me interested for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicmaniac
since EQ2 slowdowns are cpu limited i think that a no-sli setup with 7800gtx will run it better than a sli one.

It depends in battle with particle effects the SLI setup does better. In Cities the SLI setup does about the same. And of course outdoor zones run better @ 4xAA/16xAF @ 1600x1200. like from average 35 FPS to average 65 FPS. But in cities where CPU/Memory is your limitation the performance isnt improved at all.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote