View Single Post
Old 07-25-05, 02:12 PM   #10
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: Ultima Online: A review

As was mentioned in my pervious post, once EA got their hands on the game they RUINED it. And evidently you failed to read the second paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
I am, of course, talking about Ultima Online. Let me make myself clear right from the get go. I do not play the pay server. The game went completely downhill after EA baught it out and screwed it over with their extreme game-ruining powers. I play free servers. I am part of the community that created RunUO. RunUO is a free UO server emulator, and believe it or not, it is better then the one created by the actual game's developers. We have withstood the beating of over 7700 game clients on a single server at one time, experiencing no lag or crashing (The server is a Quad 3.0 ghz EM64T Xeon, with 8 gigs of ram, but 7700+ users is a feat none the less). A benchmark EA could only dream of hitting. That being said, on to the review.
And secondly, it is not stealing. OSI/EA have never had a problem with the emulation, as long as you don't charge money for the server. It has even been recognized by EA as a complete and secure UO server platform, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to license it.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote