View Single Post
Old 01-29-03, 05:13 PM   #16
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

I fail to understand how my decision to reserve my hard earned cash for products I have complete confidence in labels me a fanboy?

I don't care about hype. I care about products that work for me. So far, every PC I've owned has had an nVidia product and I have yet to have a problem with one, and as long as nVidia makes products, I will continue to purchase them until something changes. One botched product cycle and a video card that didn't live up to the hype everyone created does not count as a failure in my book. The product works, the driver support is there, and I feel confident that if I bought it, I would be satisfied.

It's just like my cars. I've owned 4 Volkswagens and have no desire to buy another make. I've owned 2 Golfs, a Corrado and now a Jetta. They've all been spectacular and a blast to drive.
My next purchase is going to be another VW product; a Passat for my fiancee ( she drives a Camry now..boooooriiinnngggg )

I call that buying with confidence.

I'm not badmounthing ATi's products, I'm sure the 9700 is a wonderful card. I just don't want one in my machine.
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote