Thread: Eq1
View Single Post
Old 08-04-05, 09:31 AM   #5
ChrisRay

Default Re: Eq1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillychuck
I figured it would be pretty much dead, station pass is out of my price range right now. My problem is everything we do is pretty much times 2, me and the GF play as a duo and that would be $40/month. I'm not even sure I'd want to waste my time in EQ2. I tried it, and every group I joined was a just a random collection of people who had 0 social skills. I never remember EQ being like that, people communicated, even if it was negative.

I often wondered why they never made a new server every so often. Having an untwinked world for guilds to develop would have been nice. I know its different now, but before a server could only accomodate 1 or 2 uber guilds without making hardships on the up and coming ones.

My toons were level 65-66 (on both accounts), gear wasn't elemental. I was doing planar raids with a guild and didn't do that bad. I heard that GoD put serious emphasis on resists, which I never really got to test.
IMO if you have a 60 + toon you'd do fine in EQ 1., But as we have mentioned before. The game is massively catered towards high levels. The only time low levels actually gain levels is if there alts. Its an extremely hard game to start out new in TBH. Unless you know someone.

It's not a bad game. Its just probably one of the most time demanding MMORPGs that exist right now. I sometimes log in my 67 enchanter and Level 70 Beastlord to have some fun. But the game is hard to play if you're not willing to dedicate alot of time to it...

P.S. and the UI is so frustrating after using WoW or EQ 2's UI :P
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Last edited by ChrisRay; 08-06-05 at 02:12 AM.
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote