View Single Post
Old 08-26-05, 03:16 PM   #5
davija

Default Re: Feature Request - option to disable panning for mode switching.

Yeah, I think that would work. I don't care if it has a large virtual screen, I just don't want the screen panning out when you move the mouse off to the side. I use some applications that need to be run in 640x480 or 800x600, and with my setup the way it is currently (1600x1200 in both screens), it isn't very doable.. But if I could have a way to CTRL+ALT+"+" to get to the 640x480/800x600 resolution that would be great. It works now, but when you move the mouse off the edge of the visable screen, it pans the visable part to another part of the virtual screen. Basically like what i said, an option to disable panning.

although, one thing that would need to work, but I don't know if this is completely different or not. When you switch to a different res using CTRL+ALT+"+", the window manager/X should have some way of knowing that the max res it can use is the new res. For example, in kde you have the taskbar down at the bottom. In 1600x1200, it would be at to bottom and be 1600pixels wide. But when you switch to a different res, it would need to be re-drawn to be at the bottom of the window and a max width of the new resolution. By definition I think this would be a change in the "real" resolution, not just virtual with no panning, but not sure. I know it's possible, because all other video cards that I've tried under linux (2 single cards and dual-head cards) work just fine in doing that. It just appears that the nvidia drivers in twinview don't properly understand x config settings, and can't change them as required.
davija is offline   Reply With Quote