View Single Post
Old 08-27-05, 11:40 PM   #16
ChrisRay

Default Re: Cancelled WOW....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
I'm 30 years old, been playing video games since their main stream creation, not some kid who just discovered video games lol. All games arn't the time sink these games are. Theirs differences in sitting down and watching a movie a couple times of week then that in playing a game everynight and on the weekends. And even so, it's not healthy to stay home and just watch tv and listen to music every night. Yeah, you can limit that play but we all know that thats not going to happen with these mmos. They're designed for hours and hours of play at a single sitting. As you know just type /played, I dunno, something just doesn't sit right when you break down those days in to hours. Then thinking back about all those weekend nights/days I stayed in to get tio that next lvl or get that gear.

DOn't get me wrong, it was pretty tough to do, I had a ton of time sunk in to thoughs guys I deleted. btw, I'm not hear to change anyones mind, just here to share my opinion and to see if anyone has gone through the same issue.

Cant say I agree with you here. You can play these games casually at the rate you described which is comparable to your example. People can play RTS like warcraft 3 for hours and hours on end. Or they can play one game a night on battle.net. Its the competitive nature of the person playing which tends to cause more time dedicated to it. Any game can be be just as addicting if you take it seriously enough.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote