View Single Post
Old 08-31-05, 12:34 PM   #656
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Greets WoW players.

I subscribed for the first time a month ago. I created an Orc Warlock on Malygos, then ditched it for a new Orc Warlock when the new server (Moonrunner) went online. I'm now up to level 40 and just got a mount.

I've been having a lot of fun, much more than I did on my previous painful MMORPG experience - Star Wars Galaxies.

Blizz did a much better job than SOE did. However they can still do a much better job with server stability and they need to fix the duping exploits.

The game seems pretty balanced to me. True, I lose every duel against a warrior, but I figure a cloth wearing caster like me isn't supposed to be able to stand toe-to-toe with a melee class anyway. In PvE I can hold a mob a couple of levels above me. For instances and raids I play more of a support role. Recently i've been doing battlegrounds at WSG and I always rank high in the kills too. A pally can throw up his shield, but by then I already have 3 debuffs on him and he will die anyway.

On my server, like most I gather, Alliance outnumber Horde by nearly 2:1. I suspect because 90% of teenage male players role up a female night elf. Horde still kick their asses in raids and battleground

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote