View Single Post
Old 09-08-05, 11:55 AM   #47
ST:DS9

Default Re: Day Of Defeat: Source this month, with HDR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Well then, Valve owes me $69.98 for the money I spent on Opposing Force and Blue Shift when those games were given to all Half-life owners for free over Steam. Also, you must be pretty damn pissed that retail owners have access to HL2DM and Lost Coast when they aren't mentioned at all on the back of the retail box. And I sure as hell hope that quick-guide card that comes with the retail version isn't considered "printed instructions" nowadays.
Read the news again about who gets Blue Shift, I paid for that to when I bought Silver package. The gold and silver package does say that I get Valves entire back catalog available on Steam. Since my transaction is not complete with Valve for my purchase, it only makes sense that I get Blue Shift also. The HL owners are the ones who bought the premier pak, which included Blueshift. So no, nobody got it for free, they paid for it with their packages.

Also, when I bought the silver package, HL2DM and Lost Coast were not on the list as being part of the package. So those 2 things are truly free to any owner of HL2. Nor did thier press release mention anything about them.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote