View Single Post
Old 09-09-05, 03:35 PM   #11
doob

Default Re: first display on twinview

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
The "ConnectedMonitor" option is not meant to designate the physical location of display devices. It is meant for instructing the driver what kind of display is connected to your card.
If you want to control the physical orientation of the X screens, please use the 'rightof' or 'leftof' parameters.
I realise that, and once logged in, my desktop displays fine, altho, when I switched to the DVI cable I had to move my gnome panels from my right hand monitor to the one in front.
The problem is that X insists on making CRT-1 the primary monitor, see my Xorg.0.log in the attached bug report, it swaps round the ConnectedMonitor string after enabling TwinView.
Code:
(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0, CRT-1"
(**) NVIDIA(0): ConnectedMonitor string: "DFP-0, CRT-1"
(**) NVIDIA(0): TwinView enabled
(II) NVIDIA(0): Using ConnectedMonitor string "CRT-1, DFP-0"
This means that GDM always displays on the CRT, and that any fullscreen OpenGL apps also display on there. Notice how I have:
Code:
Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024; 1280x1024, NULL; 1024x768, NULL; 800x600, NULL"
in my xorg.conf. Before (with a VGA cable) the NULLs applied to my CRT, now they apply to my TFT. In case you were wondering, if I completely disable TwinView, but leave both monitors plugged in, the display comes up on the CRT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
If you have additional questions or problems, please generate and post a bug report.
Attached, thanks for your help in this.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nvidia-bug-report.txt (70.7 KB, 467 views)
doob is offline   Reply With Quote