guys please take a look here
why trying to fix something unfixable when u can use something workable
btw: It has support for Geforce 6600 ...don;t know for sure if it has for GeForce Go 6600
Linux Display Driver - IA32
Operating System: Linux IA32
Release Date: November 5, 2004
* Added support for GeForce 6600 and GeForce 6600 GT.
* Added support for Quadro FX 4000 SDI
* Added support for 512 MB framebuffers.
* Improved support for GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language).
* Improved performance for VBO (OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects).
* Improved support for Linux 2.6 kernels.
* Improved support for PCI Express.
* Reduced virtual address space consumption in OpenGL applications.
* Updated documentation. Please see the text README file.
The Known Issues section contains new information for EM64T and for multithreaded application stability. There are also new appendices:
(app-s) APPENDIX S: POWER MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
(app-t) APPENDIX T: DISPLAY DEVICE NAMES
(app-u) APPENDIX U: THE COMPOSITE X EXTENSION
* Improved support for EM64T Linux/x86-64 systems
* Improved support for RenderAccel
* Improved performance for Java2D.