View Single Post
Old 02-08-03, 05:33 PM   #3
volt

Default Re: And the REAL big winner of the FX's failure is...

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
...none other than www.nvnews.net !

This place has been hopping ever since the abysmal reviews started coming out and the forums just seem to be getting more active as each new horrible bit of FX news comes out of nVidia.

Are we gonna see the ATI forum effect hit the nVidia world? I've always felt that the ATI sites were much more active than the nVidia sites, but mainly 'cause the ATI peeps needed so much more help than the nVidia peeps.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I wonder. :hmm:
I don't know what do you mean by horrible bit of FX news coming out of nVidia.

I can't even remember the last time NVIDIA said anything offical about FX. We either get those 'news' in form of rumors or we simply speculate what's going to happen. NVIDIA has been uptight for the past few months: no official note on why was ultra cancelled, why the card simply sucks, why is it so late...the list goes on and on. I wonder why

I don't know what are they trying to achive by being in the stealth mode if you will. They seem to be very unfriendly based on the latest developments
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote