Arrow Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread

*Official web page: LINK

*Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games

*Developer: Monolith

*Genre: Modern First-Person Shooter

*Release date: October 18

*Story/Description:

Quote:
In F.E.A.R., you are the newest member of the military's elite First Encounter Assault Recon team, tasked with investigating, and dealing with, paranormal threats. You're in for a heck of a first day on the job, too, because you and your team are sent in after Paxton Fettel, a rogue officer, who takes command of a battalion of elite, cloned soldiers and sets them loose in the confines of a city. Yet that's but the tip of the iceberg in terms of the plot. What made Fettel go insane? What are they trying to accomplish? And what the heck is up with that freaky, ghostly little girl who keeps cropping up in the corner of your eye? The answers to all these questions are, hopefully, almost here.

Multiplayer: YES

Minimum System Requirements:

*Operating System: Windows® XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed
*Processor: Pentium® 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
*RAM: 512MB of RAM or more
*SUPPORTED CHIPSETS
ATI® Radeon® 9000 Series, Radeon® 9500 Series, Radeon® 9600 Series, Radeon® 9700 Series, Radeon® 9800 Series, Radeon® X600 Series, Radeon® X700 Series, Radeon® X800 Series, Radeon® X850 Series, Nvidia GeForce™ 4Ti Series, GeForce™ FX 5900 Series, 6000 Series, 6800 Series, 7800 Series
*Hard Drive: 5.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation; Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files.
*CD-ROM: DVD-ROM
*Processor: 16-bit DirectX® 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX™ 2.0

Well, since we'll be getting a thread sooner or later, I thought I should enter the dance first(Mods should change the name as they see fit or merge the thread). I came home a while ago, after paying a visit to my local games retailer. For once, we got a game on it's release date, or in this case, a bit early too. Installed just now and started it up. Boy, this is one creepy game.

Also, regarding the benchmarks discussed in another thread, there doesn't seem to be any difference with the FPS experienced in the MP demo of the game. Perhaps it's limited in some way.

Anyway, back to the game, AA seems to work without problems now. Nothing weird(besides apparitions ) experienced so far.

Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fear_pcboxboxart_160w.jpg
Views:	1651
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	13861  
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote