Thread: FEAR patch 1.01
View Single Post
Old 10-18-05, 12:55 AM   #15
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Default Re: FEAR patch 1.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I'd rather not have to patch the second I install the game period. As I already stated: this is not the norm for any game, besides an MMO.

If these were very specific things like, users with a 9600XT and 512MB RAM on a P4 2.8GHz w/HT enabled...or something, then it would be different. These things should've been caught well before release. It makes them look bad, I think.

You aren't going to change my mind on this. I would be saying this about any game that had a patch out before release. It just makes it look like the rushed it to the door and the game wasn't complete. I don't appreciate that. I don't turn in papers and tests at school only 70% complete and then the next week issue an addedum with the remaining work. It's not acceptable. So why do we allow this to happen?
We allow this to happen because every game has patches for it. This one got them out the door before the game is "officially" released. Now we wont have to wait on fixes that would otherwise take a week or more to get to us. FEAR would have gotten patches just like EVERY OTHER GAME. In this case, they had thier s**t together to fix a problem before it was supposed to hit shelves.

You want to give examples? Sure. I'd rather fix my cars brakes before they give out on the road. Not after they die on me and I'm left in a ditch.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote