View Single Post
Old 10-18-05, 03:37 AM   #2
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Default Request for comments on...

I know this post is going to look a little deceptive, and if the Mods would rather that this thread is purely for posts on experiences, I'd totally be happy for them to delete it. That said, I was wondering if I could make a couple requests of those who do get the game first - Basically I'd like to know a couple things, or your thoughts about them, being that I have to wait until Friday until it's released in my slightly small country:

1. Do Gladiators make a proud return? I've not seen any in screenshots, but I'm hoping they'll actually be in the game (they were my favourite enemy... y'know... the big guys with Robot Legs, a massive knife and a Railgun who made that crazy cry and then charged.)
2. What's the soundtrack like? I've not yet seen much about the music present in the game. Is it orchestral? Rock-y like in Q2? Etc...
3. Does it feel like Quake 2 at all? Or totally different? Obviously the squad dynamic is going to change the gameplay, but does it have that awesome Quake 2 "feel"?

Cheers in advance to any who answer!

EDIT: 1 Additional question for anyone who views this later and gets the game early - Can you still change your character's handedness? It was always nice for us lefties to be able to put the gun on the left. Y'know... just kinda cool.
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote