View Single Post
Old 10-18-05, 10:12 AM   #41
|MaguS|

Default Re: A bunch of *worrying* new Oblivion screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
True UE3 was running off a PC at E3, that was a dev kit with Dual 2.5Ghz G5's and Two 6800U's, it's also true that the engine was optimized (to a degree) for that setup at that point in time too. I might be wrong, but I find it very difficult to believe that a current PC could run GoW *well* at the quality it is at on the 360 right now. I would say it's safe to assume that UE3 will run beautifully on nVidia's 8xxx series, should it support DX10. PGR3 probably could run on something similar to a 7800GTX, maybe SLI'd *if* you wrote directly for it. If the game was running off an engine designed for all cards and PC's in mind, that would still be a dream.

Man, Again your spouting off complete crap. UE3 was running on two different systems at E3, One for the Tech Demo for various games (system wasn't dedicated to UE3 Only), This system had an FX CPU and a Dual 6800U setup (GoW was ran off this aswell) and another behind closed doors demo was also running an FX CPU with a single 6800U. The single card system ran the game perfectly, fast and smooth. Looked as good as all the videos and demos we have seen.

We had a video of GoW running on the SLi setup (I think we do) and it ran flawless, it was also someone playing rather then a rolling demo that we are use to so we know the game would run very well if released on PC.