View Single Post
Old 02-12-03, 01:06 PM   #23
FrgMstr

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
This statement is really Nieve.

All video card drivers detect certain apps or function calls used by specific apps. Just like the recent Nvidia splash screen 3dmark score *debacle*

I am SICK of this bull**** spin you guys put on that quake issue. Ati came out publically and stated that Yes there are game specific optimizations, and yes it was a bug. The bottom line is it only affected 5 total textures in the game, affected the score by 5 FPS and lasted a total of 2 weeks before it was fixed.

Need i bring up the Nvidia 40.41 dets? or any of the other Driver false starts that were conveniently released only to benchmark sites just prior to other companies product releases, but never released to the public? how they only affected a few programs but adversly affected the majority of other sofware???

And you guys CONSTANTLY blow all the unethical **** Nvidia does off, and shout the *quak* issue from the rooftops. Well tht stops here and now. Its bull****.
Wow, you got excited. All that ATI koolaid is going to your head bro, calm down.

ATI cheated and they got busted, you can SPIN that however you like.

I agree with you onthe 40.41 dets, that was bad business that we did not agree with. Also you did not see use those on [H]ardOCP.

To say what NVIDIA does business-wise gets blown off it actaully quite funny as I think they are under a big a microscope as anyone else. You seem to be too emotionally attached to the issues at hand and maybe stepping back for a moment and looking at the big picture will give you some clarity.