View Single Post
Old 02-13-03, 02:05 AM   #1
E079561

Send a message via AIM to E079561 Send a message via Yahoo to E079561
Default SuSE 8.0 compile problems

I have an new box running SuSE 8.0; it has an MSI K7N2G motherboard with integrated NVIDIA nforce lan and audio chipsets.

I download the nforce 1.0-0248 tar driver set and tried to compile on the box. After much gnashing of teeth and reading the posts on the board, I got the drivers to compile and install. The LAN driver seems to load OK on boot; I get no joy with th audio driver.

When try to insmod nvaudio module I get:

insmod nvaudio
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_probe_codec
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_dsp
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_dsp
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_mixer
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_mixer
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_dac_rate
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_adc_rate

The kernel sources from SuSE are installed from the SuSE ftp site along with the default kernel. I haven't gotten any other symbol errors when compiling and installing other kernel modules. Anyone know why these come up?

I tried installing the rpm packaes for SuSE 8.0 for v. 1.0-0241 and v. 1.0-0236; neither of those would load the nvnet and nvaudio modules either wwithout lots of errors that I am too lazy to capture and append here.

Any help getting this resolved so I can have sound under Linux would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I've been waiting for several days for someone from Nvidia to respond to my email to the linux-nforce-bugs@nvidia.com address about this problem. Is anyone at home there? Does anyone care that their drivers don't work?
E079561 is offline   Reply With Quote