Thread: which linux?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-05, 11:12 AM   #15
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

Default Re: which linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtestube
I must admit, I used to really really always go with KDE desktops, but Gnome 2.0 is a real step up.
I always prefered GTK+ (~Gnome) applications over QT (~KDE) because of their looks. IMO GTK+ 1.x was rather awful but not as horrible as QT at the time. I like the "clean look" of stock GTK+ 2.x, but not the current trend of following Gnome UI guidelines which seems to give less control over things. On the other hand I still dislike KDE for it's default look: color gradients, rounded edges and such, but configurability tends to be better. While I don't use either Gnome or KDE as a desktop -- actually, I don't use a desktop at all, just FVWM2 -- I still prefer Gnome applications over KDE for the small number of applications I regulary use. Now that I think of it, there are only three applications with a GUI I regulary use: Galeon, X-Chat, and Rhythmbox. I'd love to use AmaroK instead of Rhythmbox, but for some reason AmaroK always stops playing after certain time.

Anyway, to the real reason I decided to post. ;-) Taking about Ubuntu reminded me about this post at slashdot: http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.p...2&cid=13885558

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote