View Single Post
Old 11-12-05, 06:30 PM   #1
supyoscn

Default 6800 GT Memory problem??

Hey guys,

Hey I am curious if anyone has had this problem or something like it. Well the problem is my machine is not acting up to snuff in 3D games. What happens is when 3 or more monsters/characters are onscreen at once I get a lot of what looks like memory swapping/caching. I have looked at the LONG thread on Stuttering but I have a nforce2 board and it seems a lot of people have had problems with nforce3. The slowness/swapping has happened in Warcraft 3, FEAR, COD2, GUN, Path of NEO. I also believe my performance is taking a hit somewhere due to my 3dmark05 score of 3500. I have checked compariable rigs and they all hit mid 5000's.

I have tried to use nvidia ntune-nvperformance.exe to tune my memory for best performance, but when I try this I either get a lockup or my machine reboots. This is why I think the memory on the chip might be damaged...but could it be something else?? I am just seeing if anyone has an suggestions....not really wanting to spend a bunch of cash on a new videocard.

Lastly I have tried my roommates Geforce 4400 and Games like GUN, COD2 run a lot better on my machine with that card than my 6800. OTher games like FEAR and NEO don't run as well do to DirectX9 features and such.

My Machine

AMD XP 2600+
Geforce 6800 GT
1 Gig of Ram
Biostar nforce 2 board
Audigy 2 Soundcard
supyoscn is offline   Reply With Quote