View Single Post
Old 02-17-03, 04:33 PM   #111
kyleb

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
1) show me the trend of recent technology leading games that are not CPU limited, or are more specifically video limited only.
first off "cpu limited" is a different thing that does not "need a fast cpu" sence the fastest cards on the market are still cpu limited to begin with i cannot realy fufill your request. however i can say that my tbird@900 does nicely with ut2k3 and anything else i have throw at it. regardless we are not talking about games aleady released here.

Quote:
2) show me quotes from ATI or another video card company that thinks games will follow this trend.

ati and another video card company. also i don't spupose anyone still has a copy of that nvidia release to best-buy empoyees traget which bashed the kryoII t for its lack of t&l among other things?

Quote:
3) show me game developer quotes that say the CPU will be idling because everything will be done on the video card, and AI and physics won't be enough to stress the CPU fully.
no devloper in their right mind would just close their options like that. however, to most of them that also means makeing it run well for the wideist userbase possable. also, the wide range imlementation of harware t&l has made the cpu less of an issue; take a look at the recomended system reqirements on any game box you can find, hardly any even come close to half the speed of the top of the line cpus, not to mention they are toughting numbers from architectures 2-3 generations below the top of the line cpus. i doubt you could name any grapicly intensive pre t&l games that were avalable to such a wide range preformace range of cpus at the time of their release.

Quote:
i mean, really. enough is enough. time to show the hand you're holding. all i see and hear is a bunch of rhetoric with no actual substance to it.

if there is anything you have not found me fourth comeing about or consider rhetoric and at i have yet to adress to your satistaction, please feel free to reference it directly so i can atempt to rectify the situation.

Quote:
you can ignore all the above if your statement is just based on personal opinion and nothing else, but if it is, then please just say so.
like i eluded to above above, you are not going to get that from me as i feel that ingoreing a person, or even just one of their openions, is the lowest of the low. i also feel i have been good about makeing the difference beteween my openion and facts clear; however i am just as human as the rest of us and i am more than willing to admint that i could be mistaken. again, if there is anything you have not found me fourth comeing about or consider rhetoric, and at i have yet to adress to your satistaction, please feel free to reference it directly so i can atempt to rectify the situation. lastly, please rember that as long as you like fun videogames and nice card to play them on, we are on the same side.
kyleb is offline   Reply With Quote