View Single Post
Old 11-29-05, 01:52 AM   #12
Elvin Presler

Default Re: More on the hijacking popups here

There are some others who said they had the same problem. As I said, it's not constant, so it's only going to happen when the bad banner, or whatever it is, gets loaded. The only way others would notice this is by visiting with no popup stoppers running, and if the offending banner (or whatever) happens to load, so no, I don't expect the place would get flooded with complaints. It's just a rogue banner or something.

I also said I have had no popups for about 3 days, so it seems the problem, whatever it was, has gone away on it's own. If I had any spyware/adware or whatever on my system, this would not be the case. I would still be getting popups...here and everywhere else.

If I run Ad Muncher, I do not get any popups here. I usually don't run it though except when I am going "surfing" in unknown territory.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I only brought this up to inform whoever might want to know about it. It's not a problem for me, I can just block all ads on this site. The point is, I didn't think I had to.

The reason I seem testy about it, is the people who "find it hard to believe I did a fresh windows install, immediately browsed this site and got pop ups" (calling me a liar) and insist I have spyware when there is no way in hell I do, and I think I pretty well demonstrated that in my other thread with all the hijack this logs and task manager screens. Not to mention I already said I have reinstalled Windows, from scratch, completely offline (unplugged network cable) then plugged in and came straight here, and only here, and got the popups. I did this between my first and second posts in this very thread...to make damned sure I wasn't just making an ass of myself.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote