View Single Post
Old 12-02-05, 04:19 PM   #397
ArcaNoe

Default Re: *** Official F.E.A.R. Feedback Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TierMann
It's a problem with the game. Some people get a full lockup so you got lucky
People in the VU forums have problems like this too and the common thing is SLI. Until a full patch higher than 1.02 comes out (and not just the securom fix which seems to have fixed the game+internet issues) then it probably won't change. People who were having the issue were just alt+tabbing out from the main menu and closing it in task manager. Seems to work with no freeze.
Yes - I just read up on that method... seems like the best way - least obtrusive to the system... no cd cracks can cause more issues sometimes... I hear also moving in and out of other menus before you quit can help also... I am going to try all of the above at home soon... I needed a good excuse to leave the office early today... whew.

BTW - I do get a full lockup, but after I exit.. the mouse works for 5 seconds, then LOCK. I have to hold the power button down until the machine powers off and restart... very annoying, and not great for the file system :P
.:.DFI LanParty UT SLI-D (bios 623-3) .:. A64 3700+ KAB2E 0532XPMW (2.8ghz @ 1.4v) .:. Corsair TWINX2048C2pro (255*2 @ 2.5-3-3-6 1t) .:. 2x BFG OC 7800GTX256 (540/1350) .:. Karajan Audio .:. 2x 300gig Barracuda 7200.8 (no raid) .:. SilverStone ST65ZF .:. Koolance pc3-725bk + DangerDen blocks.:.
ArcaNoe is offline   Reply With Quote