* Added support for new GPUs such as the GeForce 6100 and GeForce 6150.
* Added a new utility 'nvidia-xconfig', which is a commandline
tool for updating X configuration files.
* Added manpages for 'nvidia-xconfig', 'nvidia-settings', and
* Made UseEdidFreqs "on" by default; the NVIDIA X driver will
use the valid HorizSync and VertRefresh frequency ranges from the
EDID whenever possible.
* Added support for Stereo Digital Flat Panels such as the SeeReal
and Sharp3D DFPs.
* Added HTML version of the README.
* Added support for static Rotation; see the "Rotate" X config option
in the README.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 1.0-8174
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...ngs-1.0.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin