View Single Post
Old 02-20-03, 08:37 PM   #31
legion88
WhatIfSports.com Junkie

Default Re: I'm displeased and upset with MikeC's behavoir in the Peter Glaskowsky thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Dear nVnews staff:

I did not care for the way that MikeC tried to set opinion by deletion in the thread about the NV30 winning the Microwhatever award of 2002. I felt he was defending a paid flunky of nVidia by trying to stifle his detractors, and when that failed he closed the thread.

I am very disapointed, and I admit it a little angered at this behavoir. Is this going to be typical of nVnews forums in the future?

I felt nVnews was being exceptionally cool by avoiding any of these type of "fanboy" situations with the FX by staying by the facts as they are rather than trying to view them thru (expensive) rosy-colored lenses, MikeC's actions make me question that.

Quite seriously,
John Hayden
aka "digitalwanderer"
Unless NVIDIA owns AMD, he couldn't be a "paid flunky of nVidia".

The Athlon 64 won the 2002 award as well. Who did AMD sell this chip to in 2002 to allow this chip to be considered? Afterall, according to Glaskowsky, the GF FX was already sold to board manufacturers (--NVIDIA's actual customers--) by December, allowing it to be considered. Following that line of reasoning, the same thing must have happened with the Athlon 64.

(The December date is odd since GF FX and the Athlon was nominated by December 9, giving both AMD and NVIDIA just the 8th of December at the latest to sell their wares to their customer.)

How about the Itanium 2? It's out, right? I haven't been following Intel's latest and greatest.

I find the whole thing odd, as if this was some sort of an attempt to attract attention.....Unless the actual criteria for consideration is that the product has to be 'announced'. In that case, Bitboys must have won awards in prevous years.