View Single Post
Old 12-15-05, 02:05 PM   #58
jolle

Default Re: Everquest 2 high end system verses WoW high end system..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Pathing issues

There are alot of exploits that you can take advantage if mobs cannot see behind walls. I know
but then again, shouldnt AI, run on the server, be working independant of what the renderer is pulling up on screen.. I mean the geometry is still there, both on your computer and at the server, even if the renderer draws it or not..
Occlusion culling shouldnt cause any problems in a MMO id think.. but then again I dont really know hehe..

Anyhow, WOW is pretty simple in terms of graphics, but the style of it is amazing IMO..
I cant get enough of the enviroments in WOW, and maybe it looks soo good in my eyes cause it isnt trying to look real, its closer to a cartoonish style.. while EQ2 is doing more of a effort to look real, and thus suffers a bit since it really cant...
dunno, EQ2 definatly has better and more advanced graphics, no doubt, but I think WOW looks "better" on the whole.. (worth mention is Ive played WOW, but only seen EQ2 on screens and video clips)