View Single Post
Old 12-16-05, 02:58 PM   #1
kbdrand

Default Newbie Twinview problem

Is there either a GUI for getting Nvidia twinview working or maybe a good guide on the net?

I've been searching and searching and all of the guides I've found are either very old or incomplete. I've looked at a very posts in this forum but the answers to people's Twinview questions are just confusing, and I seem to be having a problem with the README files on the Nvidia site (they want to open up outside of my browser).

I can't seem to find a good guide that explains the various NVidia options, how they should be set (i.e. is there a difference between ConnectedMonitors "crt,tv" and "tv,crt").

I'm trying to get this setup working:

Viewsonic 17" flat panel monitor (don't remember the model number but it supports 1280x1024 natively) over DVI as either a clone or RightOf.

Panasonic PT-56WXF95A 56" HDTV as my primary display. I can't find the horz and vert numbers for this guy so I guess I'll just have to play with it until I get a good modeline. I thought about using Powerstrip but haven't gotten to that point yet.

I'm really confused about how many 'Screen' 'Monitor' and 'Device' sections I should have (I've seen different config files that are all over the board) and how they relate to each other.
kbdrand is offline   Reply With Quote