Thread: Help needed!!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-05, 03:08 PM   #1
neilers

Default Help needed!!

Been advised by the computer "experts" to upgrade my graphics card to do some video editing. The card they advised is the Geforce 6200 128MB (PCI)

I have installed the card - disabled the intergrated card that is on the motherboard and increase my power supply from 250W to 400W.

The system has two hard drives one internal, one external totalling 340GB. the external (Maxtor) has its own power supply.

I have increased the RAM from 128MB to 1.2GB

The editing software that I have is Pinnacle Version 8 (Studio 8) & Premiere 6.0

To play and burn DVD's I have an external drive with its own power supply (Pioneer 109)

When I start up one of the editingg applications it loads ok - but when I wish to start a project the computer locks up completely and freezes??!!

The "experts" have cost me a fortune in upgrading this and upgarding that. Their advice is to re-master my computer to try and resolve this problem, but is this the answer??

does anyone have idea's as to what I can do to get this thing going?

When I go back to the intergrated card (Intel Extreme Grapgics) the applications work ok but the footage jumps and has lagging spots, this is what I wanted to eliminate.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Neilers
neilers is offline   Reply With Quote