View Single Post
Old 12-21-05, 02:26 PM   #60
angshuman
Pink GBA

Default Re: Everquest 2 high end system verses WoW high end system..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
but then again, shouldnt AI, run on the server, be working independant of what the renderer is pulling up on screen.. I mean the geometry is still there, both on your computer and at the server, even if the renderer draws it or not.. Occlusion culling shouldnt cause any problems in a MMO id think.. but then again I dont really know hehe..
Yes, that was pretty much what I was wondering too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
Anyhow, WOW is pretty simple in terms of graphics, but the style of it is amazing IMO.. I cant get enough of the enviroments in WOW, and maybe it looks soo good in my eyes cause it isnt trying to look real, its closer to a cartoonish style.. while EQ2 is doing more of a effort to look real, and thus suffers a bit since it really cant... dunno, EQ2 definatly has better and more advanced graphics, no doubt, but I think WOW looks "better" on the whole.. (worth mention is Ive played WOW, but only seen EQ2 on screens and video clips)
I agree... although my intense, passionate, and borderline maniacal hatred for Sony could be interfering with my objective reasoning abilities.
Rig 1: Athlon64 X2 4800+ Toledo | BFG GeForce 7800GTX 256MB | MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI | 1GB DDR400 Corsair ValueSelect | 80GB Hitachi SATA + 160GB WD IDE | Samsung DVD+/-RW | Sony DVD-ROM | Enermax 535W | Logitech Z-3 | Logitech MX1000 | Dell 1905FP

Rig 2: Athlon64 3300+ Clawhammer | eVGA GeForce 6200A | ECS 760GX-M Micro ATX | 512MB DDR333 pqi | 10GB WD IDE | Liteon DVD-ROM | Athenatech A106 Case with 200W PSU | Logitech Cordless Desktop Express | Logitech X-530
angshuman is offline   Reply With Quote