View Single Post
Old 02-23-03, 12:29 AM   #14
kaiser79

WTF.. from the Software License:

Quote:
2.1.3 Limitations.

No Reverse Engineering. Customer may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, nor attempt in any other manner to obtain the source code.

No Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer, nor otherwise used separately from the other parts.
And yet you can clearly download the src rpm.. so thats lame. screw nVidia, steal their code and FIX it so it WORKS.

I am not a programmer and know little about this, but has anyone tried installing the nForce drivers with an nVidia card in the slot and then swapping the card? From my limited knowledge, an AGP driver should follow AGP protocol and be compatible with ANY AGP CARD.

nVidia was a great company not too long ago.. they were willing to take innovative risks and go the extra mile for their customers. what happened?

I will never again purchase an nVidia product.

I encourage everyone to write to nVidia. Also write to hardware reviewers who have close relations with nVidia people. nVidia listens to these guys - they are the voice of the enthusiast community. Encourage them to put pressure on nVidia. Boycotting and refusing to review nVidia products would probably get this issue resolved in a matter of days.
kaiser79 is offline   Reply With Quote