View Single Post
Old 02-23-03, 10:00 AM   #9
digitalwanderer

Cool Geeze!

Enough with the MikeC bashing already, please? He ain't an ogre, he isn't even a bad guy from my understanding...I've checked around with people I trust from a lot of different boards and have had quite a few people step up and tell me that MikeC is not only alright, he's a hell of a stand-up guy. I'm not gonna name names since that ain't really my style, but I trust the people I asked about this and respect their opinion enough to give the guy the benefit of the doubt....besides which except for one action I disagree with he's always been exceptionally cool.

As for that "one action" of closing that thread, I also sort of think it was closed due more to sentiment that slander...but the thread had MORE than enough reasons to be closed just under the personal attack rule so I think it's a bit moot and silly to fight over it.

nVnews has been remarkably un-biased in their nVidia coverage lately, and I can't imagine that settling at ALL well with nVidia.

I know nVidia, picture rat-weasels in suits and add lawyers and you pretty much got nVidia's PR department down cold right now. They ain't fun people to do business with, and they really ain't very pleasant right now.

I can't get into any details, but I've heard some stories of some sites behind the scenes dealings with nVidia lately and it's f-cking ugly. They're trying anything and everything to influence public opinion right now, and since they are no longer a credible source of information they are trying to, uhm....aquire another mouthpiece for themselves.

Thus the Peter Glawskowskies of the world are born and shredded.

Expect some more hired PR guns from nVidia in the near future, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some sites sell-out in the near future and mysteriously start to support nVidia. They are well and truly desperate and in short supply of friends, but they do have deep pockets.... :hmm:

MikeC didn't sell out, I don't think MikeC would sell out. From what I hear, it ain't in his nature and that's a big plus in my book.

If this place was trying to push the nVidia agenda, you wouldn't see as many anti-FX threads as you do. Yes, nVnews does still have an nVidia bias..but it is an nVidia fan site after all!

You can talk all you want about how/why you don't like the FX, from bad jokes to technical issues and nVnews does not censor or close it. That thread was closed for behavoiral issues, not political ones.

Please lay of MikeC guys, he's doing a damned fine job in a damned hard spot!

EDITED BITS: Left out some words, went back and put 'em in.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote