View Single Post
Old 12-25-05, 01:18 AM   #4
battlecat

Exclamation Re: FX5200 Green Screen

Hello!

I am having a very similar problem with playing any kind of video in Quicktime (or iTunes).

The video loads up and it starts to play, but after a second or two, the video turns completely green (not really in triangles, it's a a quick choppy transition), and then my whole computer gets very laggy and it is difficult to close or stop Quicktime right away. This is very annoying as I am just about to get an iPod with Video!

My setup is a GeForce FX 5200, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512MB Ram, Soundblaster Audigy 2, nVidia 81.98 Forceware Drivers (Released Dec. 21st 2005), everything is pretty much up to date.

I am pretty sure this has to do with the FX 5200. I'm assuming this is a "abundant" card so I wonder how many people are actually experiencing this problem. Is anyone here NOT having this problem, and what is your setup like?

For those that are/have experienced this problem, what have you done to try to fix it?

I've tried to install/uninstall video drivers many times but still nothing is working! Now that I think of it, I "believe" that Quicktime used to work fine... I can't recall exactly though...

This is picking at my brain and I cannot find an answer so... PLEASE, if you have any insight on this problem, PLEASE reply! Thank you!!

PS: nVidia if you are reading this, help!

PPS: Oh and...
battlecat is offline   Reply With Quote