Originally Posted by netllama
Are you able to reproduce this problem with mplayer -vo gl or mplayer -vo gl2 ? If so, does it require any specific content to reproduce? If not, please provide a reproducable test case.
In fact there are 3 problems to deal with and they're possibily linked (1 & 2):
1) glXWaitVideoSyncSGI() using 100% CPU
2) random black stripes / flashes with __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1
3) FSAA problem on 6150 only
To reproduce the problems:
1) use a program that calls glXWaitVideoSyncSGI to synchronize.
"mplayer -vo gl:swapinterval=3 foo.avi" seem to reproduce the same problems of CPU usage: I display a 25 fps video on a 75Hz display => swapinterval=3, CPU=100%. I'm not sure that mplayer code is really clean and uses GLXWaitVideoSync, so it would be better to code a simple program to reproduce the pb. But the symptoms are the same.
2) quite difficult to reproduce with mplayer. A simple program should do the trick easily => I'm going to write it
3) the FSAA problem is ONLY on 6150 (no problem on GeForce 6200, 6600 or Quadro FX 3400). I saw it when displaying a lighted scene. On non lighted scenes, there seems to be no problem...Really strange...Again, I suppose I have to write some code to make an evidence. (should I work at nvidia ? ;-)...