View Single Post
Old 02-25-03, 11:29 AM   #83
Solomon

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
IF you guys don't stop arguing, this will get closed.
The only thing I have to say about all the arguing and what not is that this is supposed to be a forum correct? Once you start controlling the discussion is when it becomes wrong. IMO. Hey blame K.I.L.L.E.R for telling me to speak! Hehehehe. I mean think about it, A discussion invovles talking about a particular subject. Can it get heated? Sure. Can it get civilized? Sure. Can it get off topic? Sure.

Once controlling and deleting individual posts that let's say the owner or a choosen moderator doesn't approve of seems to defy the purpose of a forum. If a post was like, "I'm going to kill you" or "STFU you retard you don't know *****"... I can see posts like that being deleted. But if someone says, ATi sucks, Nvidia sucks, This site sucks or that site sucks or even calling out someones arguement on a particular subject matter. Personally that's what a discussion is. You are speaking your mind as long as you aren't taking personal jabs at the person. If you want to discredit someones post. That's cool. You have a right to counter discuss someones post. At least to me it should be allowed! heh

I always encourage people to speak their mind. If you think such and such a persons site just absolutely sucks. So be it. If that's what the person wants to say then I think that's fine. This is probably just way off topic in this thread, but you know what. That should be fine as well. In the real world conversations change when it's amongst 5 to 10 people or whatever. Plus conversations can get heated and can get pretty nasty.

Anyways, blame K.I.L.L.E.R for this response! Hehehe.

This is just my Two cents...

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com